The recent lecture material on regular expressions has been pretty interesting, and I found it cool that every regular expression can, in principle, be represented by a DFSA (it makes sense, when you think about it).
The most recent lecture about "multiplying" DFSAs was also cool; by running many DFSAs in parallel you can find the intersection of strings accepted by each one (i.e., the set of strings accepted by all of them). This also makes intuitive sense, but makes it a lot easier to create complicated DSFAs by making each one act as a "filter" for a certain condition (as opposed to trying to make one from scratch that satisfies many conditions).
I've looked at the Assignment 3 questions, but due to a large Machine Learning project I haven't made much headway on it yet. I don't really understand loop invariants yet, so I'll need to read about them. The course notes have been a pretty useful resource the past few weeks, so I should be able to learn what I need from them.
I've noticed that I still haven't posted a specific "mathematical" problem on this blog yet, so I'll need to do that soon! I've found the material from the past 2 weeks or so to be the most interesting in the course so far, so it will probably be related to DSFAs and/or regular expressions.
No comments:
Post a Comment